Thursday, December 16, 2010

Ravioli with Mushroom Cream Sauce

Ravioli with Mushroom Cream Sauce

You are probably thinking to yourself….another mushroom recipe?? Really?? But I can’t help it. I eat the same kinds of food over & over again until I get bored and move on. Did I mention I’ve already made my Turkey Chili three times in the past month? I ate it today for breakfast too :)

Anyhow, after I made the Roasted Portobello & Prosciutto Lasagna, we stocked up on mushrooms for some reason (maybe for the extra dose of Vitamin D?) and my Dad whipped up this yummy dish for dinner last night. We paired the sauce with some mushroom ravioli, but feel free to use any type of ravioli you like. And don’t forget to warm up some sourdough bread in the oven! You’re going to want something to soak up all that sauce…every last bit of it :) XOXO....little j Y

Ravioli with Mushroom Cream Sauce
Recipe from: My Dad

¼ cup olive oil
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp thyme
3 large portobello mushrooms, sliced 1/3 inch thick
salt & pepper, to taste
½ cup sherry
1 (14 oz) can beef stock
1 (14 oz) can chicken stock
2 cups whipping cream

In a large saucepan, sauté garlic, mushrooms, & thyme in olive oil. Add salt & pepper, to taste. After about 10 minutes, add in the sherry. Continue sautéing over medium heat until the sherry is cooked down. Add the beef stock, chicken stock, and the whipping cream & continue cooking over medium-low heat until the sauce is reduced in half. (Optional & Recommended: Take out about ½ of the mushroom cream sauce & blend with a hand mixer, then add back into the pan.)

Prepare ravioli by instructions listed on package. After cooked & drained, add ravioli into the mushroom cream sauce. Serve immediately with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. 

1 comment:

  1. This looks incredible. I love mushrooms and one of my favorite dishes to make is a gourmet mushroom risotto. My friends beg for it! I'm actually making it for a friend's bday dinner in a couple of weeks ;-)

    ReplyDelete